A kaizen event goes by many terms - gemba kaizen, kaizen blitz, kaizen team, lean kaizen. Effective kaizen events start off with effective kaizen training. Kaizens can be used to improve in all areas of lean - office kaizen, 5S kaizen, 7 wastes kaizen, value stream mapping kaizen, etc. This 5 day kaizen training will help you get a solid kaizen program started:
Positives of this training:
· Built on active learning so participants retain key concepts better.
· Integrates shop floor activities so participants have the opportunity to immediately apply the concepts and tools to their workplace.
· Designed to be broken down logically into training portions so training can occur in small increments over several days or occur during a dedicated full week.
· Save costs on training since the core training materials are reusable. Additional participant workbooks and forms can be purchased for countless training sessions.
· Encourage team building.
5 Day Kaizen Team Workshop Training Outline
· Scheduling Workshops
· Goal Setting
1. The Lean Approach
· Purpose and Reason for Kaizen
· New Economies
· Brief History of Lean
2. Daily Improvement Method
· Achieving Kaizen Mindset
· Workshop Structure
3. Fundamentals of Kaizen
· Three Elements of Work
· The Seven Wastes
4. One Piece Flow Simulation
· Principles of Flow
· Benefits of One Piece Flow
5. Kaizen and 5S
· Yin and Yang of 5S & Kaizen
6. Workshop Process
· Structure of Kaizen Workshop
Kaizen Analysis Review of Forms
The Classic Kaizen Workshop contains the following:
- Classic Kaizen Facilitator Guide (quantity 1) – A comprehensive step-by-step review of the presentation and workshop that leads the Facilitator effortlessly through entire event.
- Classic Kaizen Preparation Guide (quantity 1) – The Preparation Guide, available only with the solution package, contains a systematic approach to preparing and executing a flawless Classic Kaizen Workshop. Use as a reference manual for time, scheduling, and overall flow of the workshop.
- Classic Kaizen Facilitator Digital Media CD (quantity 1) – A high resolution training focal point that links the Facilitator Guide to the Participant Workbooks. This presentation is designed with Flash Technology instead of Power Point in order to obtain the highest clarity and sharpness of images possible. The presentation loads onto all Windows-based computers.
- Classic Kaizen Participant Workbook (quantity 8) – Designed for the participants, this workbook reinforces ideas presented by the Facilitator and can be retained for future reference. The workbook contains illustrations, key questions, and space for personal note taking; it also contains a self-assessment form to test participants on key principles outlined in the presentation.
- Standard Worksheet (1 pad with 25 forms) – An 11 X 14 pad of forms that presents the work sequence, takt time, processes, and workcell layout.
- Standard Combination Worksheet (1 pad with 25 forms) – An 11 X 14 pad of forms that allows you to chart the takt time of work sequences for a single worker doing standard work.
- Time Bar Graph (1 pad with 25 forms) – An 11 X 14 pad of forms that creates detailed time graphs for different products and processes.
- Time Observation (1 pad with 25 forms) – An 8 1/2 x 11 pad of forms that is used to track the average takt times for each step of a particular process.
- Distance and Tasks Graph (1 pad with 25 forms) – An 11 X 14 pad of forms for charting tasks and distance traveled to make it easier to diagram the flow.
- 7 Wastes Observation Form (1 pad with 25 forms) – A pad of template forms; the form is used as an analysis tool for assessing opportunities for elimination of wastes in each department.
- Motion Diagram Form (1 pad with 25 forms) – An 11 X 14 pad of forms used to model motion during machine setup or changeover of model type. A great visual tool for demonstrating amount of travel.
- 5S: Map (1 pad with 25 forms) – This 11x14 form has a dual purpose: to provide a current state map at the beginning of the workshop and a revised current state map at the end of the workshop.
- 5S: Red Tag Register (1 pad with 25 forms) – An 11 X 14 pad of forms; this form tracks and logs each 5S red tagged item, its classification and the course of action to be taken regarding the red-tagged item. It provides a focal point of control and reference for tracking movement of materials and equipment.
- 5S: 30 Day Action Log (1 pad with 25 forms) – This 11x14 pad of forms is the center of communications for 5S problems discovered during the workshop that cannot be solved immediately. The 30 day Action Log describes activities, assigns responsibility for completion, and provides possible solutions to the discovered problems.
- 5S: Evaluation Review Form (1 pad with 25 forms) – An 11X14 pad of forms that is essential for 5S activity and setting benchmarks for work areas in order to provide an objective measurement. This form assesses all 5S steps; Sort, Straighten/Set in Order, Sweep/Shine, Standardize, and Sustain.
- 5S: Red Tags (1 package with 50 tags) – Red Tags are used to keep the process of change going throughout the 5S workshop while remaining organized in the process. Also available on manila-colored stock for compliance with ISO Standards.
- Kaizen: Poster (quantity 1) – Full color reminder of how to successfully grow through Kaizen.
- 5 S's of Kaizen Poster (quantity 1) – This poster reinforces the building blocks of Kaizen with eye-catching graphics and clear, concise summaries.
- 7 Wastes of Operations Poster (quantity 1) – A full color visual aid to be used during Kaizen training and posted in work areas to remind staff to continuously eliminate waste.
- Commandments for Continuous Improvement Poster (1) – A full color poster to support your Classic Kaizen Workshop. It encompasses the fundamental philosophy behind Kaizen while reminding participants how to problem solve as a team.
Need more red tags or participant workbooks or forms? See Related Items below to purchase individuals items or purchase the convenient replacment package.